November 5, 2010

Again this morning

In the morning Charmaine and I will go to Houston to be front and center at the Orange Show Ball, this is a not to miss full blown good time. Houston is home to those who will risk the leap. My kind of city. Then I will fly on to Oklahoma City and spend time looking at a site for an out door sculpture. Then comes the good part, I get to go home and be in the studio for a stretch of time. Back to art and chicken soup. Mostly it is all I want to do. Just make sculpture and draw. I wonder what any thing I do or stand for has to do with fashion in Paris, or the click of runway heels, or of what is hot or not. Art world stuff is art world stuff, like a piece of dust is a piece of dust.

Some times I feel I am the flight feathers collectively pushing against the head winds of time, to rise through the down draft is no easy task, but being a free soul I have to ask "what is out there?" What is most important?

No comments:

Post a Comment