October 31, 2010

All things Houston

Last Wednesday (Nov 27th, 2010) I flew down to Houston to meet with Susie Kalil and Linda Clarke, and go over to the home of a couple who are having me put a major sculpture in their back yard.  "Yes", this will be a beauty, it is due in March.

The next morning at 8 AM, I met with the grounds manager and a couple of other people to walk through moving the outdoor sculptures home. (then I worked with Rice students all day) The next morning bright and early we started loading the sculptures. There is always a loading issue when it comes to big sculpture, but we got it done and they are on their way home. Rice bought two of the pieces and the city bought one of the pieces. Again this is a major "Yes" for me, certainly I am happy about this.

I got home last night in a wind and rain storm,  lightning in the Mountains is particularly beautiful. It is nice to be home, but it is back to the yard to grind some  work from the minds eye. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment