October 18, 2010

Monday morning - On Being Ready to be Born Again

"On Being Ready to be Born Again", it is a good phrase to set the stage for another Monday. I start over each and all my days while walking with the Blue Angel. It is a slow rain that falls around me, steady cold comes to call me out in the open spaces between the Pinons and the big stones. I stand in silence to listen.

Soon the house will light up, and the smell of coffee will fill the kitchen, we will be cooking flapjacks the size of the bottom of the skillet and getting ready for a good bye. Chakaia Booker and Alston have been here for three days. On Friday night Charmaine and I had about 50 or so people for dinner. Jesus Morolas was our house guest on Friday night.   Lots of conversation on the world at large, lots of laughing out loud, lots of eye to eye and lots of fun. 

Jesus left on Saturday morning for somewhere and Chakaia and Alston leave this morning for New York. We will see them again next Friday night at the Fifty Year Anniversery Gala of the International Sculpture Center, which is being held in New York. The get together will be like a family reunion. Lots of friends will be there. I am ready, it is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment